Chapter 3: Student Affairs03:06:09 Programs and Activities of Student Organizations
Related Policies and Guidelines
TBR Policy 1.03.02.50 Access to and Use of Campus Property and Facilities
TBR Policy 3.01.01.00 Student Organizations
NeSCC Policy 03:03:00 Guest Speakers
NeSCC Policy 03:06:01 General Guidelines for Student Organizations
NeSCC Policy 03:06:03 Procedure for Registration of Student Organizations
NeSCC Policy 03:06:04 Nature and Conditions of Registration of Student Organizations
- The use of any campus property or buildings by an organization shall be subject to the rules and regulations of the Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) and Northeast State Community College concerning use of property and facilities.
- All organizations registered pursuant to NeSCC Policies 03:06:03 and 03:06:04 shall be “affiliated organizations” (TBR Policy 1.03.02.50) for the purposes of any TBR or College policies concerning use of campus property and facilities.
- Except for routine meetings of the organization, no on-campus program or activity shall be engaged in unless approved by the designated bodies and/or officials of the College. The College may require prior approval for off-campus programs and activities. Approval requests for activities should be submitted on the Campus Request for Special Activity form available in the Student Life office.
- Prior to approval, the College may require a specified number of officials or security officers for any event, activity or program.
- All materials promoting programs and activities of the organization must clearly state that the program and/or activity is sponsored by the affiliated organization(s). The name, seal, or any symbol of the College cannot be used without permission per NeSCC Policy 03:06:01.
- Any fundraising activity on campus shall be for the benefit of the organization as a whole or a charity. Funds shall not be distributed to the officers or members for personal profit or gain.
- Fundraising activities must be approved in advance.
- Student organizations desiring to conduct fundraising activities must initiate a request to raise funds through the Student Life office using the Campus Request for Special Activity form.
- All materials promoting the fundraising activity must clearly state the intended disbursement and/or donation of proceeds.
- No guest speakers shall be invited to the campus except pursuant to policies of the TBR (TBR Policy 1.03.02.50) and the College (NeSCC Policy 03:03:00).
Back to Top
|Divisional Review Responsibilities Checklist: Institutional Excellence and Student Success
Revision History: April 2014; Revision April 2015; Jan. 2017; June 2017; Edited Oct. 2019