Chapter 3: Student Affairs03:06:03 Procedure for Registration of Student Organizations
TBR Policy 3.01.01.00 Student Organizations
In order to become registered as a student organization, a group must meet the criteria set forth in NeSCC Policy 03:06:00 and must provide to Northeast State Community College a minimum of the following:
- An application or request to establish the organization on the form designated by the College.
- The proposed constitution and bylaws of the organization, which must clearly contain the following:
- The name, purpose, proposed activities, and rules of membership of the organization; the officers, their terms and methods of selection; the proposed nature and frequency of meetings and activities; and the financial plans of the organization, including any proposed fees, dues, and assessments.
- The names and signatures of the charter members of the organization.
- The names of the faculty advisor and/or the administrative officers of the College who will sponsor the organization.
- A statement of assurance of compliance by the organization that it will comply with all rules and regulations, policies, and procedures of the Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) and the College and with all federal and state laws and regulations.
- The application, proposed constitution, and other required documents must be submitted to the Office of Student Life.
- Recommendation regarding registration of a proposed organization will be forwarded to the Assistant Vice President for Student Success and Dean of Students, the Vice President for Institutional Excellence and Student Success, the Vice President for Academic Affairs, and the President of the College for approval.
- The Vice President for Institutional Excellence and Student Success may require the sponsors to clarify any materials or information provided in the registration process, to resubmit the application or appear with non-conforming materials or provisions deleted, or to appear at a hearing for the purpose of obtaining additional information and testimony concerning the purposes, aims, or proposed activities of the organization.
Back to Top
|Divisional Review Responsibilities Checklist: Institutional Excellence and Student Success|
Revision History: April 2014; June 2017; Edited Oct. 2019; Edited Feb. 2020