Chapter 6: College Committees & Advisory Councils06:04:00 Behavioral Intervention and Threat Assessment Committee
TBR Policy Behavioral Intervention Teams 07:02:00:00
NeSCC Policy 03:05:15 Behavioral Intervention and Threat Assessment
NeSCC Policy 06:04:01 Care Team Subcommittee
NeSCC Policy 06:42:00 Safe Campus Committee
NeSCC Policy 07:02:00 Safe Campus
The Behavioral Intervention and Threat Assessment (BITA) Committee provides behavioral monitoring and responses that are important parts of Northeast State Community College’s roles and responsibilities. Such services may include consultation, teaching, prevention, developmental interventions, and treatment referrals.
- Vice President for Institutional Excellence and Student Success, Chair
- Assistant Vice President for Student Success and Dean of Student Development, Vice Chair
- Chief of Police
- Coordinator of Accessibility Services/Success Coach
- Deputy Chief of Police
- Director of Accessibility, Counseling, and Testing Services/Counselor
- Director of Equity, Inclusion, and Compliance
- Director of Human Resources
- Vice President for Academic Affairs (or designee)
A Licensed Professional Counselor shall provide consulting services. Additional professional consultants may be utilized when deemed necessary.
The committee shall meet monthly and additionally as needs arise. Members shall receive immediate notification of behaviors of concern through emails from the Report Behaviors of Concern online system. Referrals to a Care Team of college and community professionals may occur.
The BITA Committee may discuss student issues and progress during meetings and through team correspondence. Confidential student information will only be released to college administration and law enforcement in the event of an emergency or threat.
Back to Top
|Divisional Review Responsibilities Checklist: Institutional Excellence and Student Success|
Revision History: Sept. 2014; July 2015; April 2016; Aug. 2016; May 2017; Revised Aug. 2019; Edited Oct. 2019