Chapter 4: Business & Administration04:27:00 Liability of State Employees - Claims Assistance
Related Policies and Guidelines
NeSCC Policy 04:55:00 State Employee Guide for Reporting an Accident
Liability coverage for state employees is a matter under the purview of the Tennessee Claims Commission. Claims relating to professional malpractice and accidents negligently caused by state employees acting within the scope of their employment and state law are covered by the state.
The following claims are handled by the office of the Vice-President for Finance and Information Technology:
- Accidents involving state-owned vehicles
- Accidents or mishaps involving state-owned machinery or equipment
- Accidents negligently caused by state employees acting within the scope of their employment
- Accidents on state-owned or state controlled property
Law enforcement responsibilities related to any on-campus accidents will be performed by the Northeast State Campus Police.
The following claims are handled by the office of Human Resources:
- Professional malpractice
- Injuries to state employees incurred within the scope of employment (workers compensation)
Individuals needing assistance for filing claims with the Tennessee Claims Commission should contact the offices of Human Resources or Finance and Information Technology for assistance as appropriate.
See NeSCC Policy 04:55:00 State Employee Guide for Reporting an Accident for the college’s policy for reporting accidents.
Back to Top
|Divisional Review Responsibilities Checklist: Finance|
Revision History: Revised Aug. 2020