Chapter 4: Business & Administration04:27:00 Liability of State Employees - Claims Assistance
Liability coverage for state employees is a matter under the purview of the Tennessee Claims Commission. Claims relating to professional malpractice and accidents negligently caused by state employees acting within the scope of their employment and state law are covered by the state.
The following claims are handled by the office of Purchasing:
- Accidents involving state-owned vehicles
- Accidents or mishaps involving state-owned machinery or equipment
- Accidents negligently caused by state employees acting within the scope of their employment
- Accidents on state-owned or state controlled property
The following claims are handled by the office of Human Resources:
- Professional malpractice
- Injuries to state employees incurred within the scope of employment (workers compensation)
Individuals needing assistance for filing claims with the Tennessee Claims Commission should contact the offices of Human Resources or Purchasing for assistance as appropriate.
Back to Top
|Divisional Review Responsibilities Checklist: Finance|