Chapter 3: Student Affairs03:04:01 International Education Fee
Related Policies and Guidelines
TBR Policy 2.08.10.00 Development and Operation of Off-Campus International Educational Programs
NeSCC Policy 06:48:00 International Education Committee
Northeast State Community College shall collect an international education fee from each student, per semester. The international education fee assists the College in establishing international educational opportunities for students and in promoting cultural understanding across campuses. Through this process, funds collected from the international education fee shall be used to:
- promote diversity and cultural awareness with an emphasis on campus globalization,
- facilitate student success in and completion of student learning outcomes through high impact practices, and
- support professional development related to international education for campus constituencies.
A fee of $1.00 per credit hour up to $12.00 shall be collected from each student per semester.
Five percent of the collected revenue will be designated for use as a reserve fund to ensure that the institution can meet reasonable contingencies of the international education program. Remaining revenue collected shall be allocated based on the following objectives:
- Campus Globalization: to include co-curricular activities, curriculum development, and professional development related to international education for campus constituencies;
- GlobalOutreach: to link community international activities with the college;
- Education Away: to support in-country student away and study abroad trips;
- Management: to provide for campus administrative management of international education programming as well as TnCIS management and administrative oversight of study abroad.
Remaining carryover funding may be used at the discretion of the International Education Committee.
Back to Top
|Divisional Review Responsibilities Checklist: Academic Affairs|
Revision History: May 2016; Revised Aug. 2019; Edited Jun 2023