Chapter 6: College Committees & Advisory Councils
06:40:00 Student Activity Fee Committee
Purpose. The Studnet Activity Fee Committee reviews requests and makes recommendations for the disbursement of funds to student organizations/clubs and advocacy programs for specific populatioins with the student body. The committee shall be comprised of the following positions:
- Vice President for Student Affairs, chair, non-voting.
- Representatives from Academic Affairs (4): Designated by the Vice President for Academic Affairs as follows: (1) Academic Dean, (2) Faculty, and (1) Multi Campus,
- Chair of Cultural Activities Committee,
- Student (2): Designated by the Vice President for Student Affairs
- Representatives from Student Affairs(2):Designated by the Vice President for Student Affairsas follows: (1) Student Affairs Dean, (1) Staff
- Director of Student Life
The committee shall meet no less than one time per year and schedule budget hearings, as needed, for studnet organizations/clubs and advocacy programs to request funding. Annual request for funding shall be due to the Vice President for Student Affairs.
Conflict of Interest. Committee members shall acknowledge and disclose any and all conflicts of interest which may arise and will abstain from any vote involving a conflict and/or recuse themselves from the committee if such conflicts of interest exist.
Such conflicts of interest exist when a committee member has direct or indirect supervisory/budgetary authority for or participation in a student organization/club or advocacy program requesting funds, or other affiliation(e.g membership in the organization requesting funds) that creates a perception of limited objectivity.
Please refer to TBR Guideline B-060 and NeSCC Policy 3:04:00 for additional information.
Back to Top
|Divisional Review Responsibilities Checklist: Student Affairs|
Revision History: May 2004, February 2007, September 2011, November 2013, September 2014, August 2015, March 2017, July 2018