Chapter 6: College Committees & Advisory Councils
06:40:00 Student Activity Fee Committee
TBR Guideline B-060, Fees, Charges, Refunds, and Fee Adjustments
NeSCC Policy 03:04:00, Student Activity Fee
The Student Activity Fee Committee reviews requests and makes recommendations for the disbursement of funds to student organizations/clubs and advocacy programs for specific populations within the student body. The committee shall be comprised of the following positions:
- Vice President for Institutional Excellence and Student Success, Chair, Non-voting
- Chair of Cultural Activities Committee
- Dean of Student Success
- Director of Student Life
- Representatives from Academic Affairs (4): appointed by the Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Academic Dean (1)
- Faculty (2)
- Multi-Campus Programs (1)
- Staff representative from Institutional Excellence and Student Success (1): appointed by the Vice President for Institutional Excellence and Student Success
- Student (2): appointed by the Vice President for Institutional Excellence and Student Success
The committee shall meet no less than one time per year and schedule budget hearings, as needed, for student organizations/clubs and advocacy programs to request funding. Annual request for funding shall be due to the Director of Student Life by April 30.
Conflict of Interest
Committee members shall acknowledge and disclose any and all conflicts of interest which may arise and will abstain from any vote involving a conflict and/or recuse themselves from the committee if such conflicts of interest exist.
Such conflicts of interest exist when a committee member has direct or indirect supervisory/budgetary authority for or participation in a student organization/club or advocacy program requesting funds, or other affiliation (e.g., membership in the organization requesting funds) that creates a perception of limited objectivity.
Back to Top
|Divisional Review Responsibilities Checklist: Institutional Excellence and Student Success|
Revision History: May 2004; Feb. 2007; Sept. 2011; Nov. 2013; Sept. 2014; Aug. 2015; March 2017; July 2018; July 2019