Chapter 6: College Committees & Advisory Councils
06:18:00 Northeast State Community College General Academic Advisory Council
- Purpose: The purpose of the Committee shall be to advise the president on any matter concerning the College and serve as ambassadors in disseminating information about the College’s programs and services. Responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership in advancing the educational offerings and services of the College.
- Assist the College in maintaining and developing educational programming to meet the employment needs of local business and industry.
- Serve as a source of information on environmental factors which may affect the College.
- As occasions arise, involve other interested community leaders in support of the College.
- To meet at least once annually.
- Host annual luncheon/dinner meeting for all Program Advisory Council Members and Academic Program Chair/Coordinator/Lead Instructor.
- Membership: The membership shall consist of not more than twenty (20) members. Members are appointed by the president for a term of two years. The members shall include but not limited to:
- One representative from each Program Advisory Council
- Review of recommendations: The Vice Presidents will implement any final recommendations from the President as a result of the GAAC meetings and report changes annually as part of the strategic planning process.
The committee chair shall post a meeting summary on the campus bulletin board and post minutes/actions/plans on the Campus Drive, Committees Folder.
Back to Top
|Divisional Review Responsibilities Checklist: Academic Affairs|
Revision History: September 2014