Chapter 3: Student Affairs03:06:06 Probation, Suspension, and Withdrawal of Registration of Student Organizations
Related Policies and Guidelines
TBR Policy 3.01.01.00 Student Organizations
NeSCC Policy 03:05:04 Academic, Non-Academic, and Classroom Misconduct
- Any organization may be placed on probation, be suspended, or have its registration withdrawn by Northeast State Community College for any of the following reasons:
- The organization fails to maintain compliance with the initial requirements for registration.
- The organization ceases to operate as an active organization.
- The organization requests withdrawal of registration.
- The organization operates or engages in any activity in violation of rules and regulations of the College, the Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) or federal or state laws.
- The organization fails to submit any required reports.
- An organization, which is placed on probation, may continue to hold meetings but may not sponsor any activity or program.
- An organization, which is placed under suspension, may not engage in or sponsor any activity or program, and may not hold meetings.
- Where registration of an organization is withdrawn, it shall cease to exist as an organization.
- In the event an organization is placed on probation, is suspended, or has its registration withdrawn on the basis of 03:06:06 subparagraph (1d) above, the organization shall be afforded due process as described in the Non-Academic Discipline Grievance Procedures listed in NeSCC Policy 03:05:04.
Back to Top
|Divisional Review Responsibilities Checklist: Institutional Excellence and Student Success|
Revision History: April 2014; Edited Oct. 2019