Chapter 3: Student Affairs03:06:02 Criteria for Registration of Student Organizations
TBR Policy 3.01.01.00 Student Organizations
- Any proposed student organization shall be open to all students of Northeast State Community College who otherwise meet membership requirements.
- Membership in the organization shall be limited to currently enrolled students, provided that organizations may include faculty and staff of the College and/or spouses of students, faculty, and staff, and provided further that professional organizations may include members of the professional and business communities as members.
- A proposed organization must represent the interests of the members, and the control of the organization must be within the local campus group.
- The organization must not have a knowing affiliation with an organization possessing illegal aims and goals, with a specific purpose to further those illegal aims and goals.
- The proposed organization must agree to comply with all policies, regulations and procedures established by the Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) and Northeast State Community College and with all federal and state laws and regulations.
- The proposed organization must not:
- Have illegal aims and goals;
- Propose activities which would violate regulations of the Board or the College, or federal or state laws and regulations, or materially and substantially disrupt the work and discipline of the College; or
- Advocate incitement of imminent lawless action, which is likely to produce such action.
- The proposed organization must have the minimum number of ten (10) charter members as designated by the College and there must be a demonstration of continuous interest in the purposes of the organization sufficient to afford registration on a long-term basis. In the event there is not sufficient interest to warrant long-term registration, the College may grant temporary registration to an organization for a limited period of time.
- New organizations may be denied registration where the purposes are within the scope of a currently registered organization.
- No organization may use the same name or a name which is misleading and similar to the name of a currently registered organization.
- The organization must provide for the distribution of all funds and assets in the event of dissolution.
Back to Top
|Divisional Review Responsibilities Checklist: Institutional Excellence and Student Success
Revision History: April 2014; Edited Oct. 2019