Chapter 3: Student Affairs03:09:01 Definitions
For the purposes of these regulations, the following definitions shall apply:
- Affiliated Individuals. Persons connected with the institution or center including the institution’s or center’s students, faculty, staff, and guests.
- Student. Person who is registered for a credit course or courses, or a non-credit course or program at the institution or center, including any such person during any period which follows the end of an academic period which the student has completed until the last day for registration for the next succeeding regular academic period.
- Guest. Person invited by a student, official or employee of the institution or center to visit the campus at a specific time and place.
- Affiliated Group or Organization. An officially registered student group or organization, or a group or organization funded by and/or sponsored by the institution or center or a group or organization of faculty or other employees of the institution or center approved by the President or Center Director. The term shall include any alumni association, booster club, etc., which is organized and operated for the benefit of the institution or school.
- Non-affiliated Group or Organization. Any group organization, which is not an affiliated group, or organization.
- Non-affiliated Individual. Any person who is not an affiliated individual.
- Public Forum. A designated area in which the College permits public activities including, but not necessarily limited to, informational picketing, petition circulation, the distribution of information leaflets or pamphlets, speech-making, demonstrations, rallies, appearances of speakers in outdoor areas, mass protest, meetings to display group feelings or sentiments and/or other types of constitutionally protected assemblies to share information, perspective or viewpoints.
- Public Forum Activities. Activities within the public forum area are limited to normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) unless approved by the President of the College. Such events shall last no longer than five hours from beginning to end.
- Public Forum Area. The area outside the Courtyard and continuing into the quadrangle area on the main campus.
Back to Top
|Divisional Review Responsibilities Checklist: Special Assistant to the President|
Revision History: April 2014