Chapter 6: College Committees & Advisory Councils06:37:00 Promotion Review
The Promotion Review Committee (PRC) meets with the Vice President for Academic Affairs during the fall semester to revise the faculty promotion calendar as appropriate. The Vice President for Academic Affairs will initiate the faculty promotion process by notifying faculty of promotion procedures. The PRC will then inform the eligible faculty of the promotion procedures, promotion materials required, and deadlines for submission for promotion materials. The PRC’s primary responsibility is to evaluate the materials included in each candidate’s promotion folder and make recommendations to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Members of the Committee shall not be candidates for promotion. Department heads/academic deans are not eligible to serve. Only tenured faculty may serve on this committee, and the term of service is for two years. The chair shall be elected by the Committee. This committee also serves as the Tenure Review Committee.
- Faculty member on the Committee elected by Committee members, Chair
- Faculty (7):
- Faculty (1): elected at large by a majority vote of the Faculty
- Faculty (1): elected by Faculty in the Behavioral and Social Sciences Division
- Faculty (1): elected by Faculty in the Health Professions Division
- Faculty (1): elected by Faculty in the Humanities Division
- Faculty (1): elected by Faculty in the Mathematics Division
- Faculty (1): elected by Faculty in the Science Division
- Faculty (1): elected by Faculty in the Technologies Division
Back to Top
|Divisional Review Responsibilities Checklist: Academic Affairs|
Revision History: Feb. 2007; March 2008; July 2008; Oct. 2011; Sept. 2014; Oct. 2017; July 2019; Edited Aug. 2019; Edited Feb. 2020