Chapter 2: Academics02:09:01 Make-Up Testing Procedures for Testing Services
Northeast State Community College Testing Services can accommodate any student who is unable to test in the classroom because of an accident, illness, or other excused absence from class. Students must receive instructor permission before scheduling a test date.
The Testing Center staff is available to proctor paper-based and computer-based tests. However, the Testing Center cannot:
1. Accommodate entire classes except for emergency situations and only with approval fromTesting Services.
2. Proctor tests for students who wish to raise a grade.
3. Retain blank tests on file.
4. Maintain passwords for unassigned tests because each test must be assigned to a student.
Testing times will be limited to the course time block (no untimed tests or extended time).
Students who qualify for extended times should test in the Coordinator of Access Services.
PAPER-BASED MAKE-UP TEST COVER SHEET
Instructors who would like for a student to complete a paper-based test should:
- Complete the Make-Up Test Cover Sheet at http://www.northeaststate.edu/makeup and attach it to each exam for student identification purposes.
- Deliver the form and the exam(s) to Testing Services, Rooms C2101 or C2106, General Studies Building, Blountville. If the Testing Center is closed, please place the form and test in the drop box and notify Testing Services by sending an email to testing@NortheastState.edu.
- Inform students the dates and times that the Testing Center is open or direct them to www.Northeaststate.edu/testing for information. Inform students that a Photo ID is required. If a student does not have a Photo ID, instructor identification of the student is acceptable.
- Completed exams must be picked up in the Testing Center by the instructor or an authorized representative.
- The testing staff will not be responsible for picking up or delivering exams. Unclaimed exams will be destroyed at the end of each semester.
COMPUTER-BASED ONLINE FORM
Instructors who would like for a student to complete a computer-based test should:
- Go to www.NortheastState.edu/makeup.
- Click on Computer Based Test Make-Up Form and complete the online form.
- Direct students to www.NortheastState.edu/testing for information. Inform students that a Photo ID is required. If they do not have a Photo ID, instructor identification of the student is acceptable.
Additional information is available from Testing Services at testing@NortheastState.edu or 423.354.2587, or on-campus Ext.3287.
Back to Top
|Divisional Review Responsibilities Checklist: Academic Affairs|
Revision History: Adoption: July 2015; Revision: Dec. 2015