Chapter 6: College Committees & Advisory Councils
06:33:00 President's Student Advisory Council
1. Purpose: The President’s Student Advisory Council provides the president with a student perspective on activities and/or issues prevailing on the campus and makes suggestions and recommendations as deemed appropriate.
- Director of Student Life Ex Officio
- Executive Council Members: From the Council for Leadership, Advocacy, and Student Success (CLASS)
- President, Black Student Association
- President, Northeast State Student Navigators
- Student Representative (2): From Active Clubs/Associations
- Student Representative (1): From the Center for Students with Disabilities
- Student Representative (1): From the Online Distance Education Programs
- Vice President for Student Affairs, Ex Officio
Recommendations for the Center for Students with Disabilities, the Online Distance Education, and the active clubs/associations representatives are obtained from the appropriate campus personnel and submitted by the vice president for Student Affairs to the president for appointment.
- Review of recommendations: The Vice Presidents will implement any final recommendations from the President as a result of PSAC meetings and report changes annually as part of the strategic planning process.
The committee chair shall post a meeting summary on the campus bulletin board and post minutes/actions/plans on the Campus Drive, Committees Folder.
Back to Top
|Divisional Review Responsibilities Checklist: President|
Revision History: July 2007, August 2009, August 2010, September 2011, June 2012, Sept 2014, March 2017, June 2017