Chapter 5: Personnel05:08:14 Leave: Leave Procedures for Regular Part-time Employees
- Leave Eligibility: Effective November 1,1982, all regular part-time employees shall be eligible to accrue annual and sick leave provided they meet the following criteria:
- Be employed on a regular continuing basis expected to exceed six months, and
- Work or otherwise be in a positive pay status more than fifty percent (50%) of the number of days in each month that leave accrual is credited.
- Leave Accrual Rate: For those regular part-time employees meeting the above criteria, the actual leave accrual is determined on a pro-rated basis depending upon the percentage of hours worked as related to full-time employment.
- Holiday Compensation: Regular part-time employees who meet the eligibility criteria for annual/sick leave accrual are also eligible, under specific circumstances, for partial holiday compensation. To qualify for holiday compensation, the regular part-time employee must work or be in the positive pay status on his or her last regularly scheduled work day prior to and the regularly scheduled workday immediately following a holiday or holiday period. Holiday compensation will be paid the month following the holiday period. For example, in December the regular part-time employee would have to meet the following criteria to qualify for partial holiday compensation:
- Work or be in a positive pay status more than fifty percent (50%) of the number of days in the month;
- Work or be in a positive pay status on his or her last regularly scheduled work day prior to the holiday period when the College is closed; and
- Work or be in a positive pay status on his or her first regularly scheduled workday immediately following the holiday period.
- Temporary Employees and Student Employees: Temporary employees (personnel whose period of appointment or expected service is less than six months), personnel who are employed on an irregular "on-call basis," and student employees (personnel whose primary purpose for being at the institution is to be enrolled in an academic program) are not eligible to accrue annual or sick leave or to earn holiday compensation.
Back to Top
|Divisional Review Responsibilities Checklist: Human Resources|
Revision History: June 2011